Sunday, September 01, 2019

A Sunday Comic Books Review

DCBS
Here are reviews of the DCBS comic books that I've gotten around to reading and reviewing, sorted by the original shipping date:
  • Aug 1st
  • Half StarfishJustice League #5 - I don't have anything nice to say about this tale, so I'll just move on to the next book.
  • One and a half StarfishGreen Lanterns #52 - Can't they give Baz a break? I mean, seriously. All this mind-game stuff is getting old.
  • Three StarfishPrisoner #4 - Well. Huh. I'm not really sure what to make of it. But then, that's the trick with any Prisoner story - it can't be obvious and it must have multiple ways of interpreting it. So the fact that it ended, if not neatly, at least with a solution of sorts... well, is that what I want or expect? Fun idea of what "Number One" is, though. I think I liked it. Or did I? Maybe I just didn't understand it.

  • Aug 8th
  • Three StarfishPlastic Man #3 - I'm not sure I'd be willing to trust Plastic Man's witness protection program. Still. This is fun, but a little scattered. Huh. Kind of like Plastic Man himself.
  • Three and a half StarfishSuicide Squad #45 - I swear that Harley is really all about breaking the fourth-wall. She's the saving grace of this book, with her snark and sensitivity. As for the story, yeah, it seemed like an obvious slant to the plot at the end there. I hope I picked up everything in this crossover.
  • Three and a half StarfishScooby Apocalypse #28 - So, the story has been telegraphing that final panel since the events that Daphne is so sensitive about, but we're still no closer to figuring out exactly what it means. This isn't the Scooby I grew up with, but I still enjoy it for what it is.
  • Two and a half StarfishSpongeBob Comics #83 - Fairly standard issue, with an emphasis on Plankton, who is not a favorite of mine.

0 comments: