Saturday, April 25, 2020

Kidney Saga part 78

I sort of overdid it on Thursday, staying up late to play my video game and basically trying to shut my mind down as much as possible. I managed to some extent, but I ended up very tired on Friday.

I spent a bit of time on Thursday sorting out more prescription issues, particularly with the potassium. The doctor finally said I can start tapering down the Prednisone starting May 1st, which makes me delighted on the one hand, and frustrated that I can't start right away on the other. Still, I have an idea of how long it will take to get off that stuff now.

I got a package from my mother with some diabetes references books she had, which are useful. I'm still having trouble with portion control, especially since hubby-Eric is determined to keep me healthy and so tends to overdo portions when he feeds me. And I grew up in the "clean plate club" so I find it incredibly difficult to leave food on the plate. In fact, nearly impossible. So I end up eating too much, raising my blood sugar level and making me slightly ill. I really need to work on it.

Yesterday I got downstairs long enough to start a fruit infusion of some water. I put some blueberries into a container and filled it with water. I had a bunch of mason jars, but they vanished somewhere; I had planned to use those. Instead I used a container I got from the hospital. We'll see if it works for me. If the water is flavored enough, I might be able to drop juice entirely, which would help with the carb control.

I spent a lot of yesterday in my video game, avoiding the real world. It was helpful. I find if I pay too much attention to the news I get very upset and angry. Then I find the dark place and sit there fuming. I would rather be a superhero saving cats from trees for Harley Quinn (yes, that's a mission in the new Birds of Prey content) and beating up pixel rioters. And battling Lobo, for that matter!

My writing is going slowly, and poorly. I go back each day and reread what I wrote the day before. I'm not finding a lot of usable stuff yet. Still, writing is writing. Gotta keep doing it even if it sucks. Until it doesn't suck.


Physically I'm still very tired, and my skin is driving me nuts. Some of my skin is "crepey," which basically just means it's thin and papery and annoying. I suppose I need a lotion with retinol to help with that. Another thing to put on my kidney list to remind me to get it at some point. The lotions I'm currently using do not have retinol, which is apparently a key ingredient to helping my current condition.

Overall, I feel like I'm waiting for something, but I'm not sure what that something is. I want to be living, not killing time, so I'm feeling anxious and unhappy. I bet I'm not the only one.

Full Kidney Saga --- Start Here --- Kidney Wish List --- GoFundMe

0 comments: