Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Kidney Saga part 89

I woke up to a storm outside this morning. I wasn't sure that's what it was at first, but I heard the thunder and then rain pounding against windows.

Today is infusion day. I also have an appointment with the rheumatologist, which means I need to remember to send my weight and BP logs to her office. I'm not really looking forward to the infusion, as I still have a nasty bruise from the last one. I wish my veins were more cooperative. I'm actually getting really tired of pain from injections.

My nephrologist changed the standing orders on my blood draw without informing me, which was strange. It's now going to be every other week. So my next blood draw isn't until May 18th. So, hey, at least one fewer needle next week!

Yesterday was very calm and relaxing for the most part. My pee pill and laxative were working exceptionally well, which meant I was getting up and moving a lot - probably a good thing in the long run, but a little annoying in the moment. I won't go into details, but the laxative makes the need for the bidet more pressing.

Inkwell had a vet visit yesterday, and after it he came to me and complained about it. He's fine - everything checked out. But he definitely needed some loving after the trip. He even got a bit cuddly.

My sister and mom sent me a wedge pillow, and the angle is perfect, but the wedge itself is a little... um... solid. I picked one that was cheap, so its my fault. I guess the more expensive ones probably have memory foam instead of just foam. We put a comforter on it and it worked nicely, though, so I won't complain. It's more comfortable than the husband pillow.

There are moments when I forget I'm sick, and forget the world is sick, and I feel almost human for a bit. Then everything comes crashing back into my head. I like the moments and hate the crash. I especially hate when I forget I'm sick and try to stand up and realize how hard it is for me. I am not weak, but I'm unsteady and keep forgetting that a fall would be a horrible thing. I fear the stairs. I constantly ask Inkwell to move his furry little butt out of my way. I don't want to trip. I could walk around without the walker, but I'm terrified to try. Only when I'm in my computer chair writing or killing pixels in my video game do I feel right.

Ok, enough thought. On with my day.

Full Kidney Saga --- Start Here --- Kidney Wish List --- GoFundMe

0 comments: