Monday, August 09, 2021

Food Review - Hilary's Veggie Burger

I have had to try a lot of different foods over the past year and change, thanks to my kidney problems. One thing I have been meaning to do for a long time is reduce the amount of meat in my diet. However, I love burgers. So hubby and I decided to try some veggie burgers. I enjoyed the Impossible Burgers and Boca Burgers are okay, but when Eric went shopping this last week he found a couple of brands we haven't tried, and picked them up.

Hilary's Veggie Burgers are a little different than other veggie burgers I've tried in that they didn't seem to make any effort to taste like beef or duplicate the mouth feel of eating a ground beef burger. This is not a bad thing. I found I very much enjoyed the burger despite it not bearing any resemblance to a beef burger. If anything, it seemed more like a chicken burger, but without that awful chicken taste. This is a burger that will compliment the other stuff you put on the buns - the sauces/tomatoes/lettuce/pickles/onions - and still deliver enough to satisfy the stomach.

The only problem with it, that I could see, is a fairly high sodium content. That means it can only be a "sometimes" treat for me.

This one gets a thumbs up from me. I would enjoy having it again.

0 comments: