Monday, January 27, 2003

Random Thoughts


I don't have a lot to say: I'm still reeling from a whole day on the phone trying to sort out my insurance mess. But I'll still try to entertain you...

The top 300 comics for February 2003 list has been released. This is a list of the top ordered comic books through Diamond distributors. Aquaman #1 was at number 34 on the December list with about 45,100 copies pre-ordered (that's not the final sales number, it was a bit higher than that and it sold out). Aquaman #2 was at number 38 on the January list with about 36,500 copies pre-ordered (that sort of drop-off for a second issue is not unusual at all). I figured Aquaman #3 would drop off another few thousand... so I was surprised to see it at number 34 on the February list with about 36,200 copies pre-ordered. While that's not necessarily fantastic news, it's better than I was expecting. Any news that isn't bad is good news in comic book sales.

Elayne Riggs has done a pretty good job of covering the aspects of copyright law and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. While I don't completely agree with Elayne, I find that I'm pretty much on the same page as her.

There's a nice discussion of the Aquaman Archives going on at the DC Universe Archives message board.

0 comments: