Thursday, May 06, 2004

Random Thoughts

The BBC would like to put their shows on-line. As an American who enjoys British TV, does this mean I could subscribe and see some programs not available in the States?

You can see the first few pages of next week's Aquaman at Comics Continuum. The first three pages continues the effect of San Diego's sinking, and has little or nothing to do with the rest of the storyline as it's playing out. But it's an interesting look at the newly sunken city, and is oddly fascinating. The last time I saw a dog like that was in The Atlantis Chronicles. Here's page one, page two, and page three. The regular plotline starts on page four.

So, yes, Aquaman was in the retailers' preview packages, and yes, I've therefore read it (thanks again, Paige!). And no, I don't intend to review it, even rapidly, until next week. It is slightly annoying to discover that I can't grab another copy of Aquaman #15 to give to somebody. It seems to be pretty much completely sold out and going for unrealistic prices on eBay. This is not a familiar experience. I hope DC plans on collecting the first Pfeifer arc quickly.

Don't forget to enter the Demo Contest. I can personally attest that the swag is worth it. So, think about it: "If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Why? What would you do with it -- good or evil or amoral?"