Thursday, August 26, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 25 August 2004 - Part II

Conan #7: Nice conclusion to the previous arc, with a rather final wrap-up. Beyond that, though, there isn't much to this book. It's just a finish to the last arc and a launching point for another story. Not bad, just not a lot. 3 1/2 starfish

Superman #208: Ok, can anyone get me up to date on this book? After reading this I realized how much I appreciate the opening page summaries in Marvel books. Without any summary, I was completely lost. And there wasn't enough context to really pull it together and get an idea of what was happening. Yeah, Aquaman appears, but there's a suggestion that he appeared in a previous issue (?) or something that Superman did is directly resulting in a war. But a war with Atlantis, when Aquaman doesn't even claim to be monarch of that nation at the moment seems... odd. Not to mention the return of Aquaman's gloves after so many years without them. I'm perplexed, and not interested enough to pick up the previous issues. 3 starfish

I foolishly left all the other comics at home, so I can't read them tonight. So, still to review: Usagi Yojimbo, DC Presents Justice League, Green Lantern, JLA, Weird Secret Origins, and Amazing Spider-Man.

0 comments: