Saturday, August 28, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 25 August 2004 - Part III

DC Comics Presents: Justice League of America #1: Huh. I actually enjoyed this one. I was beginning to think there was no chance of me liking any of these, but this one was pretty good. The first story was a nice dream tribute that actually worked, and the second story made sense within continuity. Both of them were remarkably strong. Finally, a good issue of DC Comics Presents. 4 starfish

JLA #104: Probably the best issue of "Pain of the Gods" so far, but still well off being a good comic book. This issue focuses on J'onn, the Martian Manhunter, and directly contradicts some earlier work involving him. Except for that, I might have enjoyed it. Well, that and the clumsy attempts to tie everyone's pain together. This arc continues to be mostly pointless. Very mildly recommended. 3 1/2 starfish

Green Lantern #180: This just doesn't do anything for me. In fact, it really makes me hate this series all the more. I'm glad this thing is finally ending. It's a mercy killing. 2 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Secret Origins, and Amazing Spider-Man.

0 comments: