Thursday, October 28, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 27 October 2004 - Part I

Strange #2: Ok. Makes sense. Arrogant doctor, struck low by accident. Searches for a way to recover his abilities. Better than the first issue, by quite a bit. I'm still not sure where it's going, but that's why you buy the book, right? 3 1/2 starfish

The Flash #214: I got this at the request of my friend, and was only a little surprised to find out it's an Identity Crisis tie-in. I even got to the point at which I forgot I was reading Flash and thought I might be reading IC. Since I'm not that fond of IC, I have to admit that this didn't impress me much, either. It's ok, but nothing special. 3 1/2 starfish

The Flash #215: Same as the last issue, only this one actually states "Identity Crisis Tie-In" on the front cover. I liked the long flashback tale, and found it worked effectively in this issue. I'm now very curious as to what will happen with Linda, and what the deal is with Wally's secret identity. I bet somebody in my reading audience could clue me in on the last one, there... 3 1/2 starfish

Simpsons Classics #2: I suppose I would enjoy this book more if I were a bigger Simpsons fan. It's ok, but nothing really special. If you like the show, you'll enjoy the comic. And these are just reprints of the original comic book run in an oversize format. 3 1/2 starfish

Solo #1: The first of the new anthology books. One artist per book, with different writers, different subjects. I may confine my buying of future issues to artists I actually like, but this wasn't bad overall. A little Noir-centric, or at least it seemed. Mildly recommended. 3 1/2 starfish

Outsiders #17: I'm not sure what to think of this. Yeah, I find the team more compelling with Jade in charge, but her apparent disinterest of finding abusers seemed extremely out of character, considering her own past. As for the subject matter, yeah, it's one I don't mind seeing covered. I don't really know much about John Walsh, but I'm sure I'll find something as this story continues. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Usagi Yojimbo, Birds of Prey, Aquaman, Green Lantern: Rebirth, Amazing Spider-Man, Demo, and Daisy Kutter.

0 comments: