Saturday, January 29, 2005

Phones

So...

I got to work this morning a bit before opening time. Nobody was around, so I couldn't get in (I have no keys to the building). I heard laughing from the front of the store, and walked around to check it out. Somebody had changed our sign, which originally said "SALE ANNEX" to something naughty. I was stunned, and not terribly amused, and wanted to remove it, but I had no way of reaching the boss.

As it turned out, the boss was remarkably amused by the incident, saying that it was the first time something like that had happened in the eight years we'd been at that location. In addition, none of the letters were stolen (an "NE" was at the end of the naughty bit). No harm, no foul.

Still, I was reminded once again that I don't have a mobile phone. I've been very uncomfortable since I got rid of mine because the trip into Seattle is just long enough to make me want to have that extra security a cell phone provides.

So when I got home and noticed a flyer from AAA about a deal with cell phones, I brought it up again with hubby-Eric. To my amazement (and yes, I admit, delight) he was receptive to the idea. So we went down to the local Car Toys to find out what a good plan would cost us.

So, there are two of us. We each want a phone with our own number. Eric wanted to keep our land line number for his phone. I wanted a Seattle number. We didn't want fancy phones. We ended up getting the phones for a bit cheaper than I expected, and the service for cheaper too. But the end result is that we've both got new cell phones and will soon be cancelling our land line.

0 comments: