Monday, February 14, 2005

It's Snowing

After weeks of summer-like weather, it's snowing. I'd forgotten that it's winter. The snow started as I drove back from my doctor's appointment, and now it's coming down hard, like it means it. I was going to write that I don't think it will stick, but I can already see it sticking to the neighbor's lawn... if this keeps up for another hour or two we will have a standard Seattle snowstorm, and children will be stuck at school.

I just stepped outside to take a picture and get an idea of the temperature. It's just below freezing, I think, and the snow is starting to stick to the roads already.

I sense a geniune Seattle disaster in the making. Especially since it was sunny this morning... if the road in front of our house is any indication, it's not going to take a full hour for everything to become slick enough to cause serious problems.

Huh. In the time it's taken me to write this, the snow has gone from "cute, but not threatening" to "uh-oh".

Update: twenty minutes later, it seems to be slowing up quite a bit. Fingers crossed, but it might not be a problem after all.

0 comments: