Friday, May 06, 2005

Rapid Reviews - Other Books

The Hardy Boys: "The Ocean of Osyria": I snagged the first three issues of the Hardy Boys book on a bit of a lark, mostly because I wanted to buy either this or Nancy Drew, and I can't stand the art in the Nancy Drew book. This is a fun little storyarc, but it doesn't really resonate with me because... yup, I read Nancy Drew as a kid and not the Hardy Boys. Oh well. It's a solid story with nice artwork, including a great little Oz reference in the first issue. Certainly worth a look if you were into the Hardy Boys as a kid, and worth a look for kids in general. 3 starfish

Filler: Another AiT/Planet Lar freebie. This was one I considered buying, but didn't for various reasons. I would not have been disappointed if I had purchased it, as it delivers exactly what it promised. It's brutal, nasty, and even silly at times. And the ending is quite satisfactory. I'll be passing this along in my drawing, so if you want a chance to read it, consider entering. 3 starfish

0 comments: