Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Eh, Thoughts

Ouch. Mariners' pitcher banned for steroid use. In the article, Ryan Franklin says that he's never knowingly taken steroids, but did take a nutritional supplement which he implies is the source of the positive test results.

A new blog is created every second. What the article doesn't say is how many of them are abandoned after their creators realize that posting stuff to a blog can take some effort. Ahem. Anyway, what this news tells me is that people want to be heard, even if it's only a few friends reading. A blog is a way to connect without intruding.

The latest episode of Entourage apparently involves the San Diego Comicon, the internet, and more pathos from a failed romance. I really need to catch up on these.

This is absolutely cool. It's a Google Maps Pedometer. You find the location you intend to walk around at, hit the start recording button, then double-click on spots to make lines. The total distance of your trip will show up in the sidebar. I've already checked some of my training walks from the 3-Day and found that I usually under-counted the distances.. which means I often walked farther than I thought I had. Via Jim Henley.

Mystic-Debunker Randi has put his Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural on-line for free. According to Boing Boing, he did it in part to help drive sales of the paper version.

Another preview image from Dorothy. The way I promote this comic, you'd almost think I was involved in making it (I'm not, I just like it).

0 comments: