Sunday, November 13, 2005

Aquaman Pilot...

Oh my.

Hollywood Reporter is saying that Aquaman has been given the go ahead for a pilot episode. That's the next step to going to series, and it's one that most projects never reach.

I'm just not sure what to say now. I don't really want to speculate... but I think my original opinion holds. I don't think it will be that good, and I don't think I want to see a show with Alan Ritchson saying "Bro" constantly. If it can change the Super Friends-driven opinion of Aquaman I suppose I won't mind it, but I still think Aquaman deserves a really good animated series treatment and not the Smallville treatment.

Eh, I'm powerless. I just hope that if it's made, it's good. And if only a pilot is made, I sure hope I can snag a copy of that.

For more current news about the series, keep an eye on AquamanTV.com. I think I'm going to have to visit that site a bit more often now, too.

Update: More here and here. Key quote in the article, which appears to be based on the full Hollywood Reporter article: The WB spokesman said that episode, which ranked as "Smallville's" most-watched of the season with nearly 6.5 million viewers, was not meant to be a template for the "Aquaman" project and that "Smallville" executive producers Miles Millar and Alfred Gough would search for a new actor for the lead role. The "Aquaman" pilot tentatively is set to shoot early next year in Florida.

0 comments: