Sunday, November 13, 2005

Rapid Reviews - Manga

Dramacon Vol 1 by Svetlana Chmakova: After reading the previews of this in Takuhai Online, I knew I had to get it. I indentified with the main character, or at least recognized her in people I know, and I really really wanted to see what was up with Matt's shades. And I was rooting for Chris to get away from her scummy boyfriend all the way through. The style of the artwork was both very much Manga and yet excellent with its own power. All in all, this is a great volume, highly recommended for anyone who wants a good read set entirely in a con environment. I only wish, like Chris did, that the con was longer. Count me in as a fan, and I can hardly wait for "next year" to arrive. 4 1/2 starfish

In other manga news, A primer to Psy-Comm, which pretty much explains all the questions I have about the story. I prefer to have those kind of questions answered in the book itself, so we'll have to see how well it happens.

0 comments: