Thursday, February 02, 2006

Random Thoughts

How about a break from the reviewing for some links and thoughts?

Are you going to the Emerald City Comicon? Polite Scott hopefully will make it. I intend to go.

Do you like Solo? If you do, check out this interview with the editor. Upcoming Solo artists: Berni Wrightson, Brian Stelfreeze, Jill Thompson, Scott Hampton, Sergio Aragones, Brendan McCarthy, Kevin Nowlan, Jose Luis Garcia Lopez and George Pratt.

The 2006 Seattle Reads featured work is Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi. I read it and liked it. I think it would be very good for everyone to read it, so I'm glad the Seattle Library is promoting it.

Super Bowl Ads rundown on CNN. Favorite quote: Burger King, which has run several humorous --or creepy, depending on your point of view -- ads throughout the NFL season... I vote creepy. I hate those ads. I pretty much never want to eat at Burger King again.

Thor's Helmet. Cool.

The true story of Robinson Crusoe... or rather, Alexander Selkirk.

What does the moon smell like?

Little Bunny Foo-Foo Busted. Via Rachel Hartman.

Larry Osterman uses the Maginot Line to explain firewalls.

Here's a unique form of lobbying. I wouldn't ever contribute, but it's nice to see a netroots lobbying effort.

0 comments: