Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Rapid Reviews - 11 January 2006

Hey, time for a few more reviews, eh? It's been a couple-three weeks or so...

Angel: Old Friends #2: Not bad. Not bad. I'm curious about the cliffhanger, and I'm enjoying the artwork. The humor captures the style of the show. Overall, I'm happy with this mini so far. 2 1/2 starfish

JLA #124: "Envy Is The Key": I really don't like this version of the Key. Nor am I really sure what happened to Manitou Raven, so that bit is just annoying. Nice enough cliffhanger, but overall the story left me cold. 2 starfish

JLA: Classified Cold Steel #2: "The Sleeping World": I wanted to like this story, but it's so confusing that I couldn't follow it without rereading the first issue, and even then it wasn't easy. I love the art, it's got it's own style, but it didn't make the tale any easier to understand. It's good, but hard to read. 2 1/2 starfish

Oz: The Manga #7: "Discovery of Oz, the Terrible": This continues to be a great adaptation, right down to the final journey of Dorothy and her friends from the original book, a bit that is often ignored. I'm really looking forward to seeing the collection of this, and I hope it sells well. 4 starfish

0 comments: