Wednesday, June 07, 2006

No Reviews Yet, How About Some Links?

Yeah yeah, I'm still trying to work up the enthusiasm required to review the piles of comics I have sitting around my computer. In the meantime, I've been very successful at finding links I think people will enjoy to share...

Top Cow to offer legal comic book downloads. I'll be curious to see if the books are in a DRM-controlled format, and if so, how useless they'll be when you change computers. If the content is crippled with software that locks it down, people will simply go download the pirated version that they can use without problems. Assuming Top Cow puts out any titles I'm interested in (I don't buy any Top Cow right now) maybe I'll buy some.

I wish DC would do this, and start at the beginnings of some series, like Top Cow is doing. There is a lot of money to be made with digital formats: people would rather be honest if possible, but will break the law if it's the only way to get the material they want. The key is providing content at a good price in a format that isn't too difficult to use.

More on Bob Kane, from Mark Evanier.

Speaking of Mark, he also reports that Popeye is coming to DVD. The original cartoons. I loved them as a kid. Adored them even. I always knew it would be a really good one if I saw the opening with the doors. I may just have to put the sets on my wishlist when they come out.

Neil Gaiman points us to all that need be said about Batwoman. I don't usually read Bat-books, so I probably won't be reading the new character. So I don't have much of an opinion on it either way.

Cats!

Was the Ark of the Covenant actually a Leyden Jar? Via BB.

More on the battle of the Jovian storms.

0 comments: