Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Sunday Review

TV this week:

  • Classic Doctor Who: "Underworld" Parts 1 & 2 - Another story I'd never seen! I may be a Doctor Who fan, but there's so much history that I still haven't caught up. Best cliffhanger line ever: "Whatever blows can be sucked".
  • Numb3rs: "Pay to Play" - Slightly complicated story, but the subplot just made this episode for me.
  • American Gladiators: Wonderful mindless fun. I really got into this one, I'm afraid. The guy who'd lost a leg was inspiring.
  • Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives: "American Classics" - The most depressing thing about this show is all the places are too far away to visit.
  • Supernanny: "Browning Family" - I wasn't sure she was going to be able to bring that group together. The daughter was incredibly cute. But I still wish they would do a big follow-up special on these families. A year or two later.
  • Have I Got News For You: "Bill Bailey, Nick Robinson, and Reginald D. Hunter" - The horrid Brian Blessed wife joke was a good running joke for Paul. And... not all barn owls are called Mr Peters.
  • Classic Doctor Who: "Underworld" Parts 3 & 4 - The visuals were annoyingly dark, making this hard to watch. But it was a good ending.
  • Smallville: "Arctic" - Um. ok. That was it? Right.
  • Numb3rs: "When Worlds Collide" - Way to shake up the status quo again. It also underlines the difficulties of protecting a free people.
  • Doctor Who: "The Unicorn and the Wasp" - This was the fun one for the season, the one that you can't stop giggling during.
Comics this week:
  • Superman #676 - What, have we rebooted the mythos again? Boring.
  • Wonder Woman #20 - Team-up with Beowulf? I'm there.
  • Titans #2 - Hrm, so Garth hasn't been found. Is he going to die?
  • Batman #676 - I must've missed an issue. When did Bats die?
  • Green Lantern Corps #24 - yawn.
  • Tiny Titans #4 - The first page made me squee, but Brad Guigar did it better. Or at least did it first.
  • Captain Britain and MI 13 #1 - As usual with the British superhero stuff, interesting but strange.
  • Red Sonja #33 - Is she finally dead yet?
  • Serenity: Better Days #3 - Not a bad finish, but I'd rather just have another season of the show.
  • Phantom #23 - Still no retcon... but at least we know who is behind this latest nastiness.
  • DMZ #31 - Matty's mom for Mother's Day? Well, this has a lot more detail on what drives him.
  • Doctor Who Classics #6 - Nice cliffhanger.
  • True Story, Swear To God #11 - Oh, I love this book. The whole cost of marriage thing is interesting, especially when I think about my own wedding.

0 comments: