Monday, June 02, 2008

Love Through Action

Doctor 13
I know that some of you are aware of my Amazon wishlist, in which I put just about anything I really want but can't afford at the moment. I got absolute confirmation of the fact the other day when I unexpectedly received an item from my wishlist in the mail! The item was Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality which got on my list because I knew there was an Aquaman reference in it.

After getting my surprise copy, I read it through and loved it. It's a very funny comic, with lots of meta-references to the world of comic books. I just about died when Julius insisted he isn't a monkey because he doesn't have a tail. And there were a couple of Aquaman references, not just the one Black Manta one I knew about, although the Manta one was a classic. It was a great book, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Of course, I wanted to figure out who had sent this to me, and so I checked the receipt. I found this note:
from a blog reader, in honor of Little Warrior
see http://lovethroughaction.blogspot.com/
As a result, it's only right that I give Little Warrior a little blog time here.

From the blog:
Little Warrior is my daughter. She's almost three and she's fighting cancer for the second time. Friends far and near have asked what they can do. We said, "Show love through action." Do a good deed, then let us know. We'll compile these in a book for Little Warrior to show her how love for her made the world a better place.
I can honestly say, Little Warrior, that this good deed made me feel pretty good on a dark day. Thank you for inspiring people!

Now I need to keep LW in mind when I'm out and about and think of a good deed I can do.

0 comments: