Monday, November 16, 2009

Winter?

I don't have much else to write about, so I'll write about the weather. It's been strange. Since we moved out here to Churchville, in the middle of the Eastern Washington desolation, we've had tons of sun. Until about a week ago. Now, please note that I've already survived one Eastern Washington winter, so I thought I knew what to expect. But this one has been different so far.

Cloudy, cool one day then warm the next. It hasn't gotten truly cold yet, although my body is over-sensitive to changes in temperature and pressure so I'm hurting more often than not.

And we've had rain. Not much, admittedly, but we've had Seattle-like rain, the kind that mists across the land and doesn't drop a lot of water but definitely makes you feel kind of down. So it's been an odd week.

My weather bar is currently showing three days of rain out of five total, and the final day has snow mixed in. I don't really expect the snow to happen, but then... I don't really understand the weather out here yet. I just hope it's nice enough for us to get over the pass for Thanksgiving and the family time we're due over that weekend.

Hey, if you've read this far, how about some even more boring news? I went to the dentist last Thursday, and now I must get a crown for one of my teeth. The filling that I got in that tooth as a child has cracked. I'm due to sit in the chair for a couple of hours and get a temporary crown on Friday. I made sure to ask if I could still eat Thanksgiving dinner, and was assured I would be fine. As the nurse/tech said, "gotta make sure of the important things first, right?" I also saw my doctor and got the usual physical which so far has been normal (still waiting for blood test results). And I got my first ever mammogram (for a baseline) today. Now I know. Breast in the fridge door... I understand now.

Anyway, that's my life. Anything cool going on in yours?

0 comments: