Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Today

Two hour city council meeting with no serious problems last night. I had been worried, but it all came out all right. More or less. One issue I thought for sure would be brought up and would be hotly debated was brought up, but not in the way I expected. It *might* be good news for the future. Hard to say.

The kitten is not loving his new diet, but he's also not complaining nearly as much about food anymore, so I'll call it a wash. Mostly he's just bored. And the change in the weather has been a little bit of a shock to the winter baby, who has discovered the coolest places to rest in the house already. And we've only had the one really warm day so far.

Speaking of, last night the clouds rolled in while I was in council, and when I went into the parking lot to do a post-meeting chat with a few people, we saw lightning striking down south in the Horse Heaven Hills. An hour after I got home the storm hit us with some smattering of heavy rain and a few lightning strikes. The cat was disturbed, and the fire alarm system beeped angrily, but that was it.

Except for the morning writing, today's schedule is pretty light. I have to write up the council meeting, yesterday's Rotary, one sport (two stories, boys and girls) and the police reports. Then I've got some calls to make, interviews to set up and whatever else gets thrown at me. A normal day, in other words. Nothing special on my calendar except that it's National Pigs-in-a-Blanket Day today.

The Google Doodle for today is fun.

0 comments: