Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Sunday Review

DCBS
Here are reviews of the DCBS comic books that I've gotten around to reading and reviewing, sorted by the original shipping date:
  • Apr 2nd
  • Aquaman and the Others #1 - There is something truly amazing about seeing a second Aquaman title running concurrently with the main Aquaman title. Add in that's it is halfway decent, if annoyingly tied into a massive crossover, and I'm actually pretty pleased with it overall.
  • Earth 2 #22 - Wow. I'm really impressed with the new Kryptonian. He just seems *right*. And although there wasn't much Aquawoman here, it was still good to see her in a panel.
  • Green Lantern #30 - Still not that interested. Traitors and shapeshifters, bar fights and green lights. Not my type of book.
  • FCBD
  • FCBD: Bongo Free-For-All - A fun little collection of Simpson's stuff. Nothing special, but mildly amusing.
  • FCBD: DC The New 52 Futures End - That's an ugly future. But it occurs to me that Terry can't complete his original mission, so he's going to have to get help. So this is already confusing beyond any decent level...
  • FCBD: Steam Wars - I was certain I knew how this would go as soon as I started to read it, but it went off in a lot of different directions. Not bad. It's definitely a fun riff on a well-known plot.



0 comments: