Thursday, June 26, 2014

Difficult morning, much better afternoon

So my continuing illness was still horrible this morning, almost enough to make me want to call in sick. Unfortunately, you have to be on your deathbed as a reporter to call in sick when you've got a story to finish. So I managed to get into work and write up my story and some other pieces.

It was difficult. I somehow got through the morning and headed home for lunch. To my surprise, once I had a bowl of oatmeal for lunch I felt a little better. By the time I got back to work after lunch I actually felt like I might be able to make it through the day.

So now I'm getting ready to go to the school board meeting. If I'm lucky I'll hold out long enough to get through the meeting without any more pain. Then I get to go in early to write up the story... then I'm working on Saturday again. At least I *knock on wood* have Sunday off.

0 comments: