Friday, December 05, 2014

Friday! But not my last day of work this week...

So this is the first day this week that I don't have to head into work before 8 a.m.

Not a complaint, really. My editor gets in at about 5 every morning. More of an observation of how strange life can be. So... um... I'm going to post some links. At least one of them is not something you should read if you are feeling grief and despair at the current situation in the United States.

Ok, I'm going to leave that particular link until last. In the meantime, I'm going to be a little more lighthearted.

So, this kind of makes me want to try knitting again. I was pretty miserable at it, I think this project is well beyond my foreseeable capacity.

The source of rubber bricks washing up on the shore may have been discovered.

The second part of the Breaking Cat News Christmas Special has been posted. Poor kitty!

Inkwell will be sad: Cat Fancy is going away.

Do What You Wanna Do - DJ Earworm's United State of Pop mashup for 2014.

Now to get serious. Let's start with Jon Stewart's serious reaction to the Eric Garner decision.

Strange Fruit, a multi-link MetaFilter post that connects historical racism to current events.

0 comments: