Tuesday, March 18, 2003

AQUAMAN!!


I said I was doing a blog about Aquaman, didn't I? The newest solicits for DC comics are up at Comic Book Resources, and Aquaman has three items of note. The first is issue #7 of the ongoing series. I happen to really like this cover:



To me is speaks of a swashbuckling tale of pirates (undead pirates) on the mighty Rhine river... well, the image with the preview text says that, actually. But the cover is the coolest one I've seen from this artist yet. Oddly enough, the art team of Guichet and Propst aren't on the interior art of this issue, either. Just the cover for issues #6 and 7. Hmmm...

I'm still fascinated by the conflict that Veitch has introduced in Aquaman. The need to free Atlantis seems to be outweighed by the desires of the Lady of the Secret Sea, and that's got to annoy Arthur. I wonder how it will continue to build?

But, as much as I like the skeleton pirates battling Aquaman, I'm really happy to see the Aquaman Action Figure. Take a look, and you might understand why I'm so stoked about this one:



Don't understand? This is the new Aquaman, complete with water hand, but he's wearing what appears to be a nicely updated orange shirt. It looks good to me!

Last item of note is the Super Friends Aquaman Maquette, which we knew was going to be on the list soon. I won't bother with the image, you can see it on my website if you care to visit it.

0 comments: