Friday, March 07, 2003

Audiorama


I have an old audio cassette tape with some songs on it that I recorded off of some of my Mom's records one fine day, using my best friend's turntable stereo system. One of the songs is from The Northwest Suite which was a piece of music one of the local TV stations (I think) put together as promotional music. I recall that the fourth movement (instrumental version) was used in ads for the station with pictures of the ferries crossing the Sound. I could be misremembering the whole thing, though, which is why I've asked my Mom if she can dig out the album and give me all the particulars. I couldn't find anything about it doing a web search, so some small part of me, despite the audio tape of the song, doubts it exists.

I am attempting to convert this poor audio-cassette-from-record-player version into a good MP3, and I'm making some very good progress. Maybe I can one day convert all my Mom's old records into CDs for her.

0 comments: