Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Not A Lot Going On In Here


So I gather that the deadline has come and gone. I didn't feel like watching the networks attempting to manufacture news, so I turned off the TV as soon as it became apparent we weren't going in right at the turn of the hour.

Got our comics today, and turned in our order form for Mar/May comics. It was a big list this week, nine books. I haven't read any yet, but I will later tonight, I'm sure.

The Firefighter Calendar came today. I need to show it to my little sister, she would like the views. Ahem. I put the calendar up in the kitchen to remind hubby-Eric and I about fire safety. Really. Honest.

I got asked today what a mimmoth was, so I'll explain. They are from that wonderful and fun comic book, Girl Genius, which everyone should read if they like humor and steampunk mixed. The world of Girl Genius (look, different link!) is populated by mad scientists (called Sparks) who wage wars with rather destructive creations called clanks. Some Sparks use their genius to create ... other things. Mimmoths are apparently the result of one such experiment, and now have joined mice in the environmental niche of "pest". Now, how they moved over from a fictional world to infest my blog, I'm not sure...

0 comments: