Thursday, March 06, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 5 Mar 2003 - Part II


Powers #29: HOLY FLAMING COW!! Ok, yeah, I put the pieces together and had already figured it out, and agreed that there wasn't a-heckuva lot our foul-mouthed heroes could do about it. But I really didn't expect the further events of this issue. So I'm really seriously curious as to how this thing is going to end. 4 starfish

Young Justice #55: Speaking of flaming cows... there aren't any in this book. But ONLY Peter David could write a final issue like this. This shouldn't be the final issue. This book should continue. It was great, it sold well, the fans loved it... so of course DC had to cancel it. 4 starfish

Animated Justice League Aquaman Maquette: Very nice. Yes, my first one was damaged, but the replacement is just fine. I like him. He's a ringer for the character from the show (which is a completely different interpretation of Aquaman, like none before). He'll fit in with the rest of my Aquaman figures. Someday I'll have to make a proper display for my Aquaman stuff. 3 1/2 starfish

Aquaman #4: Got the preview copy out of the sneak peek package. The critical urge is setting in, but I'm still finding this series really good. I'm not positive that Veitch got Tempest right, but I'm sure the Tempest fans will have their own views. I know the colorist didn't get Tempest's eyes correct, but, again, I'm sure the Tempest fans will let DC know. Beyond that... 3 1/2 starfish

Next Week: Amelia Rules #9, Superman Last Stand on Krypton, Age of Bronze #16, Superman/Batman Generations III #3, JSA #46 and PS238 #1 (And Aquaman #4 for the rest of you).

0 comments: