Monday, May 05, 2003

Rapid Reviews - Free Comic Book Day 2003 - Part IV


Peanutbutter & Jeremy #4: Cute. Very cute. It's got possibilities. And it's cute. 3 1/2 starfish This book is for All-Ages.

Alternative Comics #1: Why are so many "alternative" comic stories so depressing and pretentious? I get really tired of it. That said, most of this is considerably less depressing than most I've read. There is some good stuff in here, some incomprehensible stuff, and a few boring items. Again, the anthology format is good, and gave a nice taste of what's available. 3 starfish This book is for Adults (18+).

Rocket Comics: Ignite #1 Three stories in this one, all of ok quality. None of the stories were jump-out-at-you fantastic, but the post-apocalyptic western is amusing. The last story was similar to Young Justice/Impulse in feel. 3 starfish This book is for Older Readers (13+).

I really wanted to like the James Kolchalka book more. He's a nice guy who hangs out on the Comicon Message Boards a bit. But the book didn't grab me like I expected it to. Still, it was better than the other two. So, 13 free comics are read, and there are still six left to go. Thank you Paige! I'm definitely thinking about ordering Leave it to Chance now... let's see... Image... Vol I Shaman's Rain is $14.95 and a hardcover... STAR16641... Yeah, gonna have to get it... Hey hubby-Eric, can I order it?

0 comments: