Monday, May 05, 2003

No Demento...


There is no Dr Demento available on the radio in the Seattle area. People with a demented taste in music would be completely out of luck if not for "Music With Moskowitz", a similar (slightly Western-music tilted) show that airs on KSER (90.7 FM) at noon on Saturday and KYCW (1090 AM) at 7 pm on Sunday nights. Hubby-Eric and I can listen to the Sunday night broadcast, and have the last two Sundays. I've ever called in a couple of requests. In fact, I requested a song for my mother on Mother's day. If it is played, and she's listening, she'll know how much I "wuv" her.

Anyway, while listening last night, Frank's 2000" TV by "Weird Al" Yankovic came on, and hubby-Eric went into math teacher mode, trying to figure out how tall and wide the screen would be. So, assuming that the ratio of the TV is like most American TVs, how tall is it? Let's assume it's NOT high definition. We're also assuming that the 2000" is being used in the standard way, to refer to the diagonal of the TV screen.

It's a fairly simple problem, but not one I would have thought of, or had thought of any of the many other times I've heard that song.

0 comments: