Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Not Much From Iran

The biggest reports coming out of Iran right now don't amount to much more than what I posted earlier, so check Hoder.com, BuzzMachine, and Asparagirl for more current and interesting information. And keep the students in Iran in your heart and mind tonight, even if the news media continues to ignore them.

On to our normal boring programming:

Rapid Reviews - 2 July 2003 - Part IV

Age of Bronze #17: Yup, that's my letter in the letter column. If you buy and read comics and are not buying and reading this book, you are missing out. While this is definitely a mature readers comic, it is one of the best I've ever read, and I really do wish I could sneak back through time and hand my High School self a copy of this. 4 starfish

Radioactive Man #7: Got this mostly for the obvious Aquaman parody character, Captain Squid. Luckily for me, there's a story entirely devoted to him in this issue, and it's really quite funny. The best line in the book, though, is delivered by the Spectre-wannabe: "By the Bleary Eye of Aragones!" 3 1/2 starfish

Formerly Known As The Justice League #1: This is a fun set-up issue with fun characters and absolutely no cliff-hanger whatsoever. If you liked the Giffen League, you will like this. If you have an odd sense of humor, you will like this. If you can't stand humor and superheroes, stay away. 3 1/2 starfish

Justice League Adventures #21: An interesting sort-of origin story that makes me more interested in another line of DC characters that I've always avoided learning more about. This story brings another aspect of the regular DCU into the animated DCU and that's a good thing. It's a fairly tight story, not perfect, but still strong. 3 1/2 starfish

Now that I've finished reviewing the July 2nd books, I've got the July 9th books on my plate. Up for review are Batman Nine Lives (Elseworld), Fallen Angel, Green Arrow, JSA, Power Company (final issue), Way of the Rat, H-E-R-O (issues 1 & 2) and Generations III (also Elseworld). Diamond put up the shipping lists, so it looks like their "technical difficulties" were temporary. Odd, but temporary.

0 comments: