Thursday, July 10, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 9 July 2003 - Part I

H-E-R-O Double Feature: This collects the first two issues of the new H-E-R-O series. After reading it and realizing that issues #3 and 4 are sold out in our shop, I wish DC would do another bumper to collect those as well. This is really good. Far better than I was expecting from something based on the ... *ahem* ... slighty hokey old "Dial 'H' For Hero" feature. If this is the kind of writing that Pfeifer intends to turn in when he takes over Aquaman... well, let's just say I think Aquaman is in good hands. 4 starfish

Batman: Nine Lives: Elseworlds. Missed this the first time out when it was in hardcover because we couldn't afford it. I'm glad to have my hands on it now, because it's an original sort of book that reads like a really good movie from the 50s. Even the layout is original for this kind of book. Highly recommended for any fan of film noir. 4 starfish

Still to review: Way a duh Wat, JSA, Fallen Angel, Generations III, Green Arrow, and the final issue of Power Company.

0 comments: