Thursday, July 10, 2003

My Sketchbook

I've started on a new, very mild, project. I'm writing e-mail to all the artists who have contributed to my sketchbook to ask permission to post their sketch on my website and blog. I'm sure that I won't be able to reach all of them, and I fully expect at least a couple of folks to ask me not to post their sketch. The first person to respond so far has been Aaron Lopresti, who gave me permission to post his image. I'll post it as soon as I have made a good scan of it.

Just for the heck of it, here's the folks I plan on contacting about posting a sketch: Art Adams, Leah Adezio, Sergio Aragones, Michael Bair, Julie Baroch, Donna Barr, Greg Bettam, Al Bigley, Mark Brill, Frank Brunner, Rick Burchet, Jim Calafiore, Brett Cantrell, Nick Cardy, Sean Chen, Joyce Chin, Matt Clark, Oliver Coipel, Amanda Conner, Mark Crilly, Randy Emberlin, Rod Espinosa, Phil Foglio, Ramona Fradon, Dave Garcia, Rick Geary, Michael T Gilbert, David Goyer, Brandon Graham, Roberta Gregory, Peter Gross, Stefano Guadiano, Pia Guerra, David Hahn, Matt Haley, Rick Hoberg, William Hodge, Jamal Igle, Phil Jimenez, Lindsey Johnson, John Kalisz, Michael Wm Kaluta, Karl Kesel, Leonard Kirk, Andy Lanning, Nicola Leonard, Steve Lieber, Dev Madan, Jim Mahfood, Jeff Matsuda, John McCrea, Mike McKone, Linda Medley, Brian Meredith, Jeff Moy, Philip Moy, Todd Nauck, Mark Oakley, Jim Palmiotti, Jeff Parker, Shane Pettit, Duncan Rouleau, Stephen Sadowsky, Eric Shanower, Walter Simonson, James Dean Smith, Brian Snoddy, Kathleen Webb, Rich Werner, J H Williams, and Cheyenne Wright. whew!

Now, just to keep the record straight, the first person to give me explicit permission to post a sketch was Scott Alan, as seen in my Emerald City Comicon Report. If I get enough permissions, I'll set up an Aquaman sketchbook page.

If you know someone on the above list, or you are someone on the above list, please feel free to drop me an e-mail with either contact info or permission. I'm going to take this slow and easy, so it may take me quite awhile to get to any particular person. And much thanks to Victor for the sketchbook questions that reminded me I wanted to do this project (Enjoy San Diego, Victor).

0 comments: