Saturday, July 12, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 9 July 2003 - Part III

Way of the Rat #15: Ghosts! Ghosts! And Po Po is no Scooby-Doo. There's not a lot to say about this one that isn't spoilerish in one way or another... it's just fun. Yeah, I know ghosts probably wouldn't be considered fun most of the time, but this is just... just... fun. I also like the "banner" theme covers to this title. 3 1/2 starfish

JSA #50: Too... many... characters... I need a scorecard. This whole book was one massively confusing fight, only page 32 was exciting and interesting to me, and the storyline wasn't even wrapped up in this issue! I would wonder why I'm getting this book, except it's not one of mine... it's hubby's. 3 starfish

Power Company #18: And Power Company goes out with a bang. This is a good book, and it's a crying shame it went away so quickly. To my surprise, Busiek tied up all the loose ends (all that I could see) nicely, and even added some great bits (go Silver!). In short, this was an excellent finish to a great series. 4 starfish

Wow, finished reviews this week in record time. On next week's list: Amelia Rules, Girl Genius, Batman Adventures, Smallville, Arrowsmith, Amazing Spider-Man, Truth, Silken Ghost, and Aquaman. I wonder how many will come?

0 comments: