Sunday, July 13, 2003

Sketchbook - Aaron Lopresti

As promised, here's the first installment of my Aquaman Sketchbook. In addition to being posted here, I'll add each image to my new Sketchbook Page so you can see them all together, or by what ever organization I manage to kludge together. So, here's the first sketch, by Aaron Lopresti:


AQUAMAN
by Aaron Lopresti
19 Sep 1999
(permission to post given 10 July 2003 via e-mail)
www.aaronlopresti.com

This sketch was drawn at the Seattle Com-Card Convention #32 on September 19th, 1999. This was the second sketch I got at the con (and in my sketchbook), and only the fourth Aquaman sketch I'd ever gotten. I knew Aaron Lopresti's name thanks to his recent work on the Xena comic book. There were some good names at that particular con, and I ended up with eleven sketches, 10 of them Aquaman (and one of them the infamous Matt Haley Batman sketch, see my San Diego 2000 con report under "The Redemption of Matt Haley" for the full story).

In Other News

If you liked The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, Dark Horse is going to give you a little more of it, as they are publishing an quarterly anthology: Michael Chabon Presents The Amazing Adventures of the Escapist. That's right, Kavalier & Clay's fictional Golden Age fictional character is going to be made just a little less fictional this December.

I wrote a quick e-mail to Mark Evanier to ask where the Shrek comic book is, since he's the writer and I'm eager to read it. He didn't tell me if I could pass on the reason that it's late, so I won't. I'll just say that it isn't Mark Evanier's fault, and at this point it looks like it will be very late.

According to Weblogs By Average Daily Traffic listing at the Truth Laid Bear, I get about 37 visits a day. That's about 35 more than I would expect...

0 comments: