Wednesday, August 27, 2003

I'm Not Forgotten

A large portion of my comics didn't come in today, as they were somehow sent to a different city. Previews and Amazing Spider-Man did come in, however, and I'll be reviewing them soon.

But, as I was thinking what a bummer day for comics it is, the mail came and in it was a package from Fintan Studios (who I mentioned here). I ordered a single copy of the Trade Paperback, and thus was a little surprised to get a rather large package that contained two copies of the trade, three signed copies of the first issue, and a signed four-pack of the original issues. Along with a nice letter that reads "As a gesture of out gratitude, we've enclosed [all the extras]. We encourage you to pass these along to friends and associates that you think would enjoy the forgotten even if they aren't regular comic readers." Um, let me just say "Wow" here.

As requested in the letter, I plan on giving one of the signed copies to my retailer to read and then pass around or sell as she sees fit. I have offered the trade to someone who I owe a favor to because he sent me some comics for free. That leaves two signed copies and the four-pack. I'm not entirely sure what to do with them that will properly promote this series. Anyone have any ideas?

As a warning, if you are running Mozilla, do not click on this banner ad, as it will kill your browser

I'll be reviewing the forgotten as soon as I have a chance to sit down and read it (which will probably be right after I post this note).

0 comments: