Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Random Thoughts

Comicon interviews Eric Shanower.

Colleen Doran had a terrifying adventure in the hurricane but managed to keep her sense of humor. Wow.

Johnny B is doing really well predicting NFL games. Let's see how long it keeps up, shall we? And we have three books in common on our comic shipping list this week.

Peter David also mentions the possibility of the Cubs and the Red Sox in the World Series.

Fred Hembeck's latest two entries are reviews of "I Have To Live With This Guy" and of the Comicon episode of "Yes, Dear" which I managed to completely avoid, thank goodness.

The commentator mentioned in my last blog entry, Ken Schram, has a page at KOMO of his previous comments. I tend to agree with him far more often than I disagree, so conservatives may want to avoid reading anything he says.

In his article about Joe Simon settling with Marvel over Captain America, Mark Evanier made a statement that for some reason hit me like a ton of bricks. "But creative folks, we're told by many (among them, those who want to keep all the money for themselves) are supposed to have a less altruistic raison d'ĂȘtre. They're supposed to put everything ahead of the paycheck." The reason it hit me like a ton of bricks is because this is the exact same argument that people use to explain why teachers should not get raises, and shouldn't complain about pay cuts.

Uh-oh, I'm drifting back to strike topics. Time to end for the night...

0 comments: