Saturday, September 20, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 17 September 2003 - Part II

Birds of Prey #59: I'm still not a fan of Huntress, but her "I'm the BAD one" comment definitely went a long way towards making her acceptable in this storyline. Overall, I liked the story, but the timing was off. It felt like it was jumping around too much. I wasn't entirely sure if that wasn't an intentional addition to emphasize Savant's problems with time, but it made the story flow choppy. It was a bad weakness in an otherwise pretty good tale. 3 1/2 starfish

Batman Adventures #6: Is Eel O'Brian the unluckiest thug in Crime Alley, or the luckiest? And I honestly cannot remember who Andrea Beaumont is, which is one reason I don't read the regular Batman books: too much continuity to remember. Fortunately, it's clear that she's someone Bruce cared about deeply, and that's enough to explain his anger. For the rest, it's more of the tackling of the Black Mask gang, and it's... fun. Batman fun. And the backup story is good, too. 4 starfish

PS238 #3: My sole complaint about this book is that it doesn't come out often enough. I could stand this book weekly. Certainly monthly. It's not quite a quarterly. Miss Kyle is now my favorite teacher that doesn't exist. And I love poor Tyler. He's one smart cookie. Now the hard part is going to be waiting another two to four months for the next issue. Go Buy This Book. 4 1/2 starfish (read a free preview here)

Still to review: Cinnamon, Thieves & Kings, Shrek, and Arrowsmith.

0 comments: