Sunday, October 26, 2003

Luck

As I went to visit my brother and his kids today, I spotted a clump of clover, and I noticed one that didn't look quite like the rest. I stooped over and touched it... sure enough, it had four leaves instead of three. My sister, who was with me, saw me pick it, then I looked again at the clump. She asked why I was still looking. I told her, based on my many many years of experience in collecting four-leaf clovers, that they always come in twos. She hadn't known that, and I had almost forgotten. But I didn't find another one, so we went into the house and gave the lucky clover to my brother, who is looking for a job and needs all the luck he can get right now.

As we left, exhausted by two very energetic little ones, I stopped at the clump again and reached down. Sure enough, there it was, the second four-leaf clover. I handed it to my brother through his computer room window. As much luck as Eric and I might need, I think my brother needs it more right now.

0 comments: