Saturday, January 24, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 21 January 2004 - Part II

DC: The New Frontier #1: It doesn't have the Elseworlds logo, but it's definitely an Elseworld. We start out with The Losers, and move on to Hal Jordan. I'm not sure where this is leading, but it's got some painfully powerful moments, like the Hourman segment. All-in-all, a good start. I'm looking forward to the rest. 4 starfish

Smallville: Whisper [3-10]: I think this is my favorite episode so far. The showdown between Chloe and Lionel was worth the price of admission alone, and they didn't force a happy solution to that problem by the end of the episode. When you add in the first appearance of Clark's glasses, you get a really strong overall story for me. Yeah, I REALLY liked it. 4 1/2 starfish

Birds of Prey #63: Yowza. I was sort of interested in the Shiva plot, but this one brought everything up a level. The plot with Babs got very interesting, particularly when she brought in her stable of computer geniuses. The cliffhanger also was a bit of a surprise. 4 starfish

Still to review: Batman Adventures, and Arrowsmith.

0 comments: