Thursday, January 22, 2004

Some Notes On Life

Let's see... Dinner for Eric yesterday was carbonara, one of his favorite dishes. Unfortunately, I still don't quite have it down yet, and there was something undefinable missing from my version. Oh well, I'll try again next year.

I went to storage to pick up some games for the store today. I was supposed to have 42 copies of a particular game in storage, but I looked and looked and looked and couldn't find even one. When I got back to the store, we did some hunting to find out if maybe we'd taken them from storage and sold them, and were really surprised to find that we'd sold 142 copies of this $30 game just in November and December. And it's one I haven't even had a chance to play yet! Even crazier, I sold three copies of the game to a guy on Tuesday, because he was giving them out as presents because he and his kids loved it so much. We have exactly one copy and a demo of the game left. If I can borrow the demo to try with Eric so I can review it, I will. In the meantime, the game is called "Blockus", and apparently it's really popular with our customers.

It's a monkey year. Joy.

Weather reports claim there's a snowstorm headed our way. While part of me is saying, "Yeah, right" there's another part of me saying, "They were right about the one on January 6th." We'll have to see. Eric is supposed to be teaching on Saturday, and Saturday night, if everything goes right (please let everything go right) we will be signing our mortgage papers and finishing off the refinance. Hopefully that won't happen in the snow.

I watched Angel last night after Smallville. I'm slowly getting hooked. Help me!

0 comments: