Friday, January 23, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 21 January 2004 - Part I

Outsiders #8: Ok, let's vote. Who thinks that cover looks like a 80s cover and was thrown off by it when you first saw it? I pulled it from the box and almost gave it back to the owner thinking she'd put it in there by mistake. The interior wasn't too bad, either. Not wonderful, but ok. Maybe the best so far. 3 1/2 starfish

Assembly #3: The story moves along a bit, with our hero becoming a surgeon in what is really "meatball" surgery. Her um... unusual... successes in saving lives get her the job she wished for. But maybe she should have been a bit more careful about what she wished for. 3 1/2 starfish

JSA #57: The JSA goes to shut down Black Adam. If I hadn't read the Hawkman issue that was a part of this crossover, I would have thought I'd missed something. I would have been wrong. This isn't bad. I'm interested in Black Adam's story, but I think my sympathies lie with the bad guys, so I'm not sure how this whole thing is going to turn out. 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: New Frontier, Birds of Prey, Batman Adventures, and Arrowsmith.

0 comments: