Sunday, February 15, 2004

Rapid Reviews - 11 February 2004 - Part II

Fallen Angel #8: So Lee finds out what she wants to know, and it's more gruesome than you might have thought. And that's all that sticks with me about this issue. It was gruesome. And Lee is not a nice person, and is fully aware of that. Again, I don't know why I'm reading this book, but it keeps drawing me back. 3 1/2 starfish

1602 Part Seven: Last panel... explains a lot. I won't say I guessed, but I suspected. And poor Doctor Strange! Ack! Come to think of it, poor Clea. On the other hand, it may well be Clea who becomes the most important character in the final chapter of the story. She's had a fairly large role throughout, so it wouldn't surprise me if she "saves the day". The funeral on board the ship was very interesting. I'm liking this story. 4 starfish

Thor #74: Magni is the key to this story, I can see. If I wasn't convinced before, the events of this issue made it obvious. This storyarc feels like it is near to wrapping up, but there is a lot more that needs to happen and be explained. I'm not sure if I like that... either we will get a rushed ending, or a drawn-out ending that uses up all the momentum and leaves the reader saying "get on with it already!" We'll have to see. 3 1/2 starfish

0 comments: