Saturday, February 07, 2004

Sketchbook - Paul Chadwick

The story of this sketch is told in my con report from the day I got it.


AQUAMAN
by Paul Chadwick
16 November 2003
(permission to post given 16 November 2003 in person)
The Paul Chadwick Web Comicography

One thing that really impressed me about Paul Chadwick was how utterly approachable he is. He's easy to talk to, because he's one of those people who knows how to listen. While I stood at his table and he steadily signed books for everyone who'd asked, he discussed many subjects with the people there around the table. He seemed genuinely interested in everything anyone said, and was amzingly gratifying to simply be around. And he cares. While he sketched for me, a woman looking over my shoulder asked him if what he was doing at that point was called "inking". He replied that it was, and she said that she wanted to know because her son wanted to be an inker. Hearing that, he asked if the son was around, and offered to talk to him. The mother ran and got her son, who received a neat handout from Chadwick (I got one too, after asking... I will be an artist, darnit!) and some great tips. He then wrote down his e-mail address and told the kid that if he needed any advice or suggestions, to feel free to e-mail and ask. That's class.

To see all the sketches I have permission to post so far, check out my Sketchbook Page. If you have any contact information for any of the other artists I'm trying to contact, please e-mail me. Click for a random Aquaman sketch.

0 comments: