Wednesday, April 21, 2004

More Thoughts

Neat stuff to look through at The British Library, including Leonardo's notebooks. via Near Mint Heroes, which is a blog you ought to be reading.

Yeah, I took the Geek Test. I'm not telling you my score, except that it wasn't quite 50%. Being female adds a bit, as does having met my husband via the 'net. I think I got the original link from Johnny B, and was reminded to blog about it by Mah Two Cents.

Worksafe, as long as you're willing to explain it, Finger Tricks. Ah, digital cameras. In the old days, people would not have wasted film on this sort of fun. via Boing Boing, the Blog of Wonderful Things.

USA Today notices Iraqi bloggers. Every blog they mention is one I've been visiting and reading for some time. via Boing Boing

Here's a very odd article that compares Superman to Satan. It was a little better researched than I first imagined, but very poorly argued, with a major dearth of logic, and several unsupported logical jumps. The follow-up article isn't as well written, but does a decent job of demolishing the argument anyway. via DeCloah Blog.

What are you doing on September 11th? Personally, I didn't have any plans, but now I do. via Crooked Timber.

Ok, this is a really amusing story about a blimp. You gotta love the internet, which brings you these great tales... via Metafilter.

Hubby-Eric and I are trying to figure out whether it would be cheaper to fly down to Asilomar for the Winkie (Wizard of Oz) Convention this year, or to drive. According to Mapquest, the drive is 927.40 miles, or 14 hours 32 minutes driving. We generally stop for the night while driving. So far, the airfares haven't gotten low enough to justify flying, especially with my intense dislike of flying (and I have not been on a plane since 9/11, so the security would all be new to me, but I hated it before and I don't see me enjoying it any more now).

Speaking of the con, I'll most likely have limited internet access during the time I'm at Asilomar. See, the rooms are nice and cozy. No televisions, no phones. I've lined up a guest blogger for the time I'm gone, if she's still willing once July rolls around (she'll also be house-sitting). I may get the time to log in from the business center, but it's not going to be a high priority. So it's possible that my string of at least one blog a day since I started this thing might be broken. Don't say I didn't warn you.

At the moment I'm suffering from a nasty head cold that is staying in my sinuses and driving me bonkers. If my blogging falls off, it means that I just finally got some real sleep.

0 comments: