Friday, April 29, 2005

A Smattering of Thoughts

Ha! I've finally caught up on reading blogs! Now to get to the comic books... how many weeks behind am I now? I haven't even read the latest Aquaman...

Hunting the Mongolian Death Worm! Three to five feet long, the Death Worm is said to lurk beneath the sands, emerging only at certain times of the year to spread fear among the desert dwellers. The nomads insist that the beast can spit a corrosive yellow saliva that acts like acid and that they can generate blasts of electricity powerful enough to kill a full grown camel. It is a monster worthy of Dr Who but how true are the stories? I read about this creature in Fortean Times, it would be a real trip if they actually catch one.

Chocolate is good for you.

Hand-knit Aquaman costume. No, I don't want one. For one thing, this one apparently goes for over $5000 (see here). And for another, I'm not sure it would work well in the water. The gallery is in Seattle, but I don't think I'll head down to visit.

For my Breast Cancer 3-Day Benefit Raffle (see previous post), I've dug out Street Angel 1, 3, and 4, Bricktop A1 Special, the Dave Johnson Sketchbook, Codeflesh, Last of the Independents, The Couriers 02: Dirtbike Manifesto, Channel Zero: Jennie One, and The Annotated Mantooth. That's ten books, ready to go in a straight up drawing that anyone who donates at least $15 to the Seattle 3-Day for me can enter. I haven't yet decided if I'll send one winner all the books, or if I'll have a number of prizes, but I only thought of the drawing this morning and I've already got a little collection of prizes, so we'll see where it takes us. I think I may be writing snailmail to a few of my old friends in the comic book biz to see if I can score another book or two to add to the pot. We'll see what happens.