Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Boss... We Got Cats...

Eh, I should have saved the "tagged" post until today. I learned I have an inner ear infection, and I waited long enough to go to the doctor (because it didn't feel severe) that modern medicine isn't going to help me through it... I just need to wait it out. I got a prescription for anti-nausea medicine, which knocked me out as soon as I took it. Posting might be a bit... dizzy... around here for a few more days.

Johnny B tackles V for Vendetta. Yeah. What he said. The movie, in the meantime, has apparently been pushed back to March 2006.

Mark Evanier rightfully complains about DVD collections that advertise themselves as "complete" when they aren't... quite. For instance, I'm bitterly disappointed that the Muppet Show Season One DVD set is missing bits, some of them large, from five of the episodes... including my favorite number from the Vincent Price episode (see the Muppet Central review for details on the missing bits). Now, admittedly, everything else on the DVD set is fantastic, but it's very discouraging to be missing parts of five episodes on a collection billed as "complete".

Make Chary directs us to a site where you can download all the Simpsons shorts from the Tracy Ullman Show.

Will Pfeifer's bulletin board. Hey, I never promised rollicking excitement from this blog, did I?

A family in Wyoming just retired from taking 911 calls for 21 years. For free. As a volunteer service. All the time. Via Garrett.

Snopes confronts the Walken for President websites. It's a sign of the times that I really couldn't tell if it was a hoax or not.

You may have heard the news that our galaxy is a bar spiral galaxy and not just a spiral galaxy as previously thought. Well, filkertom enjoyed the announcement.

TangognaT directs us to a couple of cool places, including The Top 5 Bare-Chested Marvel Superheroes.

There is no Aquaman movie in our universe... but over in the Entourage Universe...

Haven't had a chance to play with this one yet, but check out this MetaFilter thread and link. Reminds me of Bone, Sharps, Cowboys, and Thunder Lizards.

I hate to break it to the folks who complained, but stopping the .xxx domain isn't going to stop the stuff that we want to move over to that domain. *sigh*

0 comments: