Thursday, December 22, 2005

Random Thoughts

Hubby-Eric's Oz friend Gili is quoted in an article about the new Harry Potter translation into Hebrew. Via OzBlog.

Mark Evanier has some insights into blogging.

AiT/Planet Lar books are making their way onto year-end lists. I haven't started my year-end lists, I figured I'd wait until after Christmas. But I do know of at least one AiT/Planet Lar book that will make it, somehow.

How to celebrate Festivus.

Slashdot reports on message board users being sued for statements. Hmmm.

The History of the Winter Olympics. Once the Olympics start, I'll be commenting on what I see over on Gjoblaag.

Best headline I've seen recently, on the RSS feed from CNN: Hubble finds new moons, rings around Uranus. So many ways to enjoy it...

As I read this story, all I could think about was "what kind of parent would allow this to happen?" Perhaps I simply had spectacularly good parents, but if I had started receiving expensive gifts through the mail and spending too much time alone in my room, my folks would've asked questions. Is parenting really such a lost art?

0 comments: