Saturday, December 15, 2018

Aquaman Movie

I have now seen the Aquaman movie via Amazon Prime preview.


Verdict: Wow. I've been waiting 40 years for this.

Best bits: Ask hubby-Eric's knee. I kept pounding on his knee instead of screaming aloud at all the good bits. Poor guy.

Biggest disappointment: Vulko didn't have his signature hairdo. But, to be fair, Willem Dafoe could never have pulled it off. In fact, I can't think of any living actor who could pull it off.


Yes, there is a "mid-credit" sequence. Don't leave immediately when the credits start - like half the audience at our screening.

Should you go see it? Well, do you like a good action flick with a bit of romance and fantasy? If yes, definitely go see it, even if you aren't a superhero fan.

Audience was nicely mixed. Lots of adults, but lots of kids, too. No one else was wearing an Aquaman hoodie, but I got some interesting looks when I came in wearing mine.

Mera was awesome.

The credits had a "special thanks" section devoted to a number of Aquaman writers. Paul Norris and Mort Weisinger were credited with Aquaman's creation (which is completely correct, as far as I'm concerned, as long as Paul comes first).

I'm not a horror fan, but I may have to see more of James Wan's movies now. The cinematography was interesting, now that I think about it. Particularly the underwater fights scenes, which ... no spoilers ... were done very well.

I need to see it again. Soon. I might see it again in the theater - and I *HATE* going to theaters to see movies. But it was good enough for me to want to go again.

0 comments: